10 Reasons You Should Maybe Throw Your Single Friends A Shower9
***First of all, if you’ve emailed me at the address listed on the contact page, it didn’t to through. I’m sorry! It should be fixed now, though, so email away!! Now, back to your regularly scheduled post.
I was cooking the other night and realized that I didn’t have several of the usual essentials around the house, and then I realized that the way that most people fill up their homes with all the essentials is by getting married and having a shower. Anyway, I thought that this would be a fun subject to do a 10 things with. So I decided to write a post from the humorous single friend (me…yes I think I’m humorous) perspective on why you should or should not have a shower for your single friends. Enjoy!
1. We’re always borrowing your stuff.
“Um, hey, can I use your iron?”
“Uh, okay. Why?”
“Well, I don’t have one.”
(I believe we’ve covered this topic before on why I suck at adulthood)
2. Seriously, we go to all these showers just giving away blenders and crock pots and dish towels. We need to see some sort of return on our investments here.
3. I don’t have a toaster. Who doesn’t have a toaster? Of course, I also don’t keep bread around the house ’cause it goes bad too quickly. I don’t eat bagels or frozen waffles anymore, I don’t have room, and I don’t really like toast, but honestly, that’s just not the point. Really. Who doesn’t have a toaster?
4. I also don’t have cookie sheets, mixing bowls, pizza pans or an iron. Then again, the only things I really
need want of those are the cookie sheets and mixing bowls. I did just go out and buy a can opener, though. Buy as you need. That’s my motto. Why have cabinets full of stuff you don’t use?
5. We have watched your children for you while you go out on dates. I don’t need to explain further.
6. We are always looking for an excuse to hang out and eat cake and punch. Why not throw a shower?
7. “Hey, what are you up to tonight?”
“Well, my husband and I were going out for dinner tonight. What are you doing?”
“Well, since you’re busy and everyone else is busy, I’ll probably stay home and watch a sappy chick flick and eat cookie dough and cry my eyes out.”
(Because who wants to be any different than a cliche)
8. We’re too broke to buy stuff for our house because we’ve spent all our money on your showers.
9. Have I mentioned there is nothing better than shower cake? Oh, and punch? Just sayin’.
10. Because, really, what’s better than someone throwing a shower for you because you’re single. They should make a card for it. “I’m sorry your over 30, single and maybe just enough pathetic that you hang around married people and their kids all the time. Here’s a toaster.”
Okay. Maybe that last one isn’t in support of the whole idea. And maybe you shouldn’t have a shower for your single friends, but your friends whether single or married need to be celebrated. Celebrate, love and encourage each other (not just because we’re single) but because we love. And if you do decide to start doing this and giving your friends gifts, don’t call it a shower…how does a birthday party sound?
Any more reasons you can think of that you should or should not throw your single friends a shower?