10 Things I’ve Realized This Week6
Well, you read the title. Here we go.
1. I was sitting and typing up a blog post the other day with my feet propped up when it hit me. And I mean hit me hard. My. Feet. Are. Huge. I know you’ve probably all heard the term man-hands, but seriously, I think I have man-feet…minus all the hairy yuckiness.
2. I really like extended weekends. Once I figured out I had Monday off, it was only natural for me to ask for today off. As long as I’ve got everything done, I’ll be heading somewhere, if only back to my house to purge my closets.
3. I don’t think my air conditioner is working properly. This makes me very sad. And hot.
4. I guess I just didn’t realize that Kung Fu Panda was a decent enough movie to have a sequel. But here I sit watching a preview for Kung Fu Panda 2. The ridiculous movies that are made just to make a buck.
5. Television is getting raunchier. Seriously. I just saw a preview for a show called The Playboy Club. I thought they had their own channels for shows like this. Geez.
6. I am so much closer today than I was yesterday to becoming debt-free. Today I paid off my oldest note with the largest monthly payment. It was also my smallest amount due, so, yes, I’m still following the debt snowball for the Dave Ramsey plan. Three more bills by July 2. That’s my debt-free date. Party July 3. (I think I’ve mentioned before that we like to celebrate…so we are going to party down.)
7. Speaking of feet, I think I’ll take my day off and go get a pedicure. Sounds just about too good to pass up.
8. I’ve started leading a small group for our church. This is the first time leading something like this. I’m a little nervous, especially when I feel like there are so many in that room more equipped than me to be teaching the Gospel. I’m thankful for the opportunity, and I just hope I don’t suck at it.
9. In 16 days I will no longer be a 30-year-old. I will officially be thirty-something. I’ve only got three words to say about that. Bring. It. On.
10. I’ve realized that I want to do giveaways for my birthday week. I will be posting something every day that week leading up to my birthday, which is on a Sunday. The number of entries will be based on your comments. The more commenting that you do, the more things you can win. Not only do you have to comment on the blog, you’ll have to answer the questions that I pose to you, whether they’re serious or not, and share the link on your Facebook and/or Twitter pages.
What I will be giving away will be announced on my 10 Things post the Friday before it starts, which will give us a whole week to win! I hope you’ll engage and have fun with it! Love you all!