10 Things In The Year of 3123
Well, this is it. The last giveaway AND today is my birthday. Today I’m, uh, 31. It’s actually not that bad. I went from 30 to a 30-something. You don’t have to tell me that being 30-something sounds a LOT older than 30. I’m okay with it. BRING. IT. ON.
Before I start the list, I want to thank the kind bloggers for their wonderful recommendations for us. I’m sure they probably don’t know it, but they helped make this a very fun birthday week for me. I think it might have to become an annual thing. I really hope you clicked on the links I provided. Not only were they to the other blogs, but they were some of my favorite posts of theirs. Please, if you have a few minutes, click and read. You can thank me later. Or now. Whatever.
You also still have a chance to win all the other books. You have until midnight tonight to enter for A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller. What did I tell you about clicking links? Do it.
So I’ve made a list of 10 Things I’d like to do this year…in no particular order. So let’s rock this joint…
1. I’d like to go down to Nashville for a weekend and visit a church I’ve been hearing a lot about online lately. Crosspoint, from what I can gather, is the home church of lots of people you might or might not know their names, but if you’ve been reading this week, you’ll have heard of a few. Lindsey Nobles, Jon Acuff and Alece Ronzino is in the process of moving from Oregon to be a part of it. That’s kinda fun. Plus, it sounds like this church is doing some really awesome things. It would be fun to see.
2. I’d like to lose some weight. Kinda like New Year’s Resolutions, right? But really, Monday I’m going sugar free again. I’m also going low carb and no grains. Shouldn’t be too much of a problem. I just need to plan ahead more. I did well last time, but then started celebrating my birthday…for three weeks. (I do like a good celebration)
3. Involved in the losing weight category, I’m going to run a 5k. (Notice I didn’t say try) Our town hosts one in September, I believe. That’s what I’m shooting for. I’m going to get a few of those under my belt before I head down to Nashville for their half-marathon. That’s right. I said it…out loud. Or typed it, I guess. Maybe I can combine the half-marathon with my #1. See. I’m always thinking.
4. I will be 100% out of debt. As of July 3 I will be out of debt with the exception of my student loan. If you know anything about Dave Ramsey, he counts everything but a mortgage as debt in the snowball. I don’t have a mortgage, so I’ve been using my student loan as that debt. Anyway, by the time I turn 32, that will be gone, as well.
5. I’d like to read all these books that were recommended or given away. Plus the two that I’m going to give away today. One I’ve read and one I’d like to read. I picked Visioneering by Andy Stanley because it was a book that made me see the miracle of hard work. (More on this in a later post) I picked Evolving in Monkey Town by Rachel Held Evans, ’cause she’s a blogger that I like and I really like the title. (Actually, read the intro free on Amazon. You’ll love it)
6. I’d like to continue to grow my blog. See that badge on my right sidebar that says that I’m part of the BlogRocket Community? Yeah. Bryan Allain is pretty cool and funny. He’s got a great heart for helping people. Just since joining that community alone my visitors have increased. If you’re serious about blogging, go there.
7. I want to keep learning and keeping being inspired by the likes of Donald Miller, Jon Acuff, Jeff Goins and Jamie The Very Worst Missionary. I listened to an interview with a favorite singer/songwriter of mine once. She was asked how to write a song. She said that really, she just listened to a lot of her favorites, got inspired and was inspired by their style. Now, I don’t want to be a copycat, but I do want to improve my writing. So if I have to keep reading Grit and Glory or I’m Just Saying to become a better writer, to be challenged or inspired, I guess that’s something I’ll just have to do 😉
8. I’ve officially decided tonight that next year on the blog we’re going to have another birthday giveaway. I’m considering Christmas, too…
9. I’ll get to meet my new niece. That’s actually next month, so I’m pretty pumped about that. Gotta buy lots of noisy toys to keep my brother and sis-in-law happy 🙂
10. By the time I turn 32 I will have a new (to me) car. And I promise not to back it into my dad’s truck, park in the way for my uncle to back into me or hit any deer with it. Yeah…my car looks goooooood, ya’ll.
That’s all she wrote! Thank you for coming to celebrate my birthday week with me! I’ll start announcing winners at noon CST tomorrow and each day for another week. If you won, you’ll get an email from me. Good luck! Love you all!
Dont forget to answer the question and repost to win!!
What is one thing you want to do before your next birthday?