10 Songs I’ve Been Running To8
I think a good playlist is essential to
running life. I listen to songs that I normally don’t listen to when I run. I kind of feel like I need to listen to songs that make me want to get in a fight. They seem to give me a little more energy. It’s probably all in my head, but here’s what I’ve been listening to in the mornings! Also, go to Reluctant Runners every Friday for their picks for the week!
1. Hey Mama by Mat Kearney. Just a good starter song. I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re looking for a good push towards the end.
2. Lose Yourself by Eminem. As my friend says, it’s hard to listen to this song and not get pumped up…unless his wife is singing it.
3. All I Do Is Win by DJ Khaled with a few special guests. This should probably just be my theme song because, really, all I do is win.
4. ‘Till I Collapse by Eminem. This is usually a good one for when I feel like I’m about ready to collapse…hence the inclusion on the playlist.
5. Forget You by Cee Lo Green. I went with the clean version. I just like the song. Good beat.
6. Funky Jesus Music by TobyMac and Beckah Shae. Just a fun song great for a little boost!
7. So What by P!nk. I love P!nk. I love her music. I love her attitude. This song is the best of both worlds.
8. Funhouse by P!nk. Ditto from above…except she’s burning a house down full of evil clowns…metaphorically speaking…hopefully.
9. No Plan B by Manafest. There’s a lyric in there that says that I can’t turn around. There are times during the runs I need to hear that.
10. Say Hey (I Love You) by Michael Franti/Wavin’ Flag by K’naan. I had two more songs that I have gone back and forth between. I usually like Wavin’ Flag more than Say Hey, but do enjoy both. Both good for warming up or cooling down!
What songs do you like to work out to? Or if you don’t work out, what songs make you want to fight? I’m going to revamp my playlist soon!