10 Things For Which I’m Thankful4
I’m trying to be more thankful. There are a lot of things I can complain about, but there are a whole lot more for which I can be thankful. I’ve got a friend who’s blogging a theme called Thanksgiving 365 and just listing things as often as she can that she’s thankful for. I love it. That and she’s awesome. Go check it out. Anyway, here’s 10 that I’m thinking about now!
1. I’m thankful for my family. We had a family reunion for my mom’s side the other day. Quite a few showed up that I hadn’t seen in a long time and several that I hadn’t ever seen. Lots of pictures were taken in the blistering heat. But I am thankful. It’s good to know where you come from. Whether you were born in, adopted in or married in, you’re family and this is history. This is my grandparents and aunts and uncles. Mom is in the middle. I get my height from her…
2. I’m thankful that I got to go and get a pedicure with my sister-in-law and my new niece. And I’m thankful that Madelyn slept through the whole thing.
3. I’m thankful that I got to spend two weeks house-sitting. I’m totally out of the business now, but I had already had these booked before I made that decision. But I was thankful for a week of this:
4. And for the second week, there was a pool at this house, too, but I loved this part of it:
Beauty in the solitude…
5. I’m thankful for a job that I love. I’m thankful I get to give new homeowners their first set of keys. I’m thankful for a boss who lets me be creative…like when I designed our awesome signs.
6. And although I’m always thankful for the extra cash that house-sitting brings in, I’m ever-so-thankful that tonight, after two weeks, I get to sleep in my own bed in my own house. And I get to stay there for a while. It’s not a lot, but it’s more than I need or deserve, and it’s mine.
7. I’m thankful that all my friends are back in town after two weeks. Church camps and vacations leave me feeling a little alone when I can’t got with or visit. Good to all be together. I feel a little bit of a party coming on…
8. I’m thankful for fun apps that let my nephew and I giggle and laugh for hours on end. Seriously. This inventor is genius.
9. I’m thankful that I was able to run a consecutive 25 minutes, and that in 35 minutes of run/walk I went almost 2.5 miles, which is close to a 5k. I’m getting there. I’m also thankful that when I slipped getting into the hot tub after the run to relax that I didn’t break anything. Or die. I’m thankful that it’s just a bruise the size of Nantucket on my inner thigh. Which is sad because that means my thighs are big enough to house a small black and blue island…
10. I’m thankful for faith through the eyes of a child. Two young boys in my church gave their lives to Jesus last weekend. The youngest, 7, when asked by his mom if he wanted to go to Heaven said, “Yes. ‘Cause Heaven has golden streets and chocolate houses. At least that’s what Gracie (his cousin) told me.” Every time I think of this it makes me smile…and a little hungry.
What are you thankful for this week?