10 Things I Love About Days Off1
1. Uh, no work. Duh.
2. I seem to forget what day it is. That is why you’re not getting this post till noon on Friday.
3. I get stuff done. I got up and went ahead to my 5:30 workout class, so I’ve been up since then. I’ve been cleaning. I know. It’s ridiculous, but my house is cleaner.
4. If I want to take a nap later today, I can. I’ve been pushing for a regular nap time at work for a while, but no such luck. It might be part of my presidential campaign.
5. If I want to drop by my friends’ houses, odds are they’re going to be home. If they’re not home, they might be available for lunch. Either way, I’m happy.
6. A little extra time with my family. Maybe they’ll come clean my gutters.
7. Conversations with my nephew that go like this:
Trevor: When are you ever going to have a kid?
Me: I have to get married first!
Trevor: When are you ever going to get married?
Me: Well, I don’t know any men that I could marry. Do you know anyone for me? (You know it’s almost rock bottom when you ask
your 7-year-old nephew to set you up)
Trevor: No. I think you should just go out and find someone to marry.
Me: Okay. I’ll keep my eyes open.
8. Everyone is in a much better mood…except for those who have to work.
9. My brother and sister-in-law and family are flying in from Florida! Can’t wait to kiss those babies!
10. Let’s face it, a day off is awesome, whether it’s to honor a president or to honor the day our lives were saved from an eternity in hell. And that’s the best thing I can think of.
What are your favorite parts of days off?