10 Observations On Life0
It’s been a rough week here locally. One of those weeks that makes you sit back and take a long hard look at where you are, where you’ve been and where you’re going. Remembering a time in my life when I was left wondering why and how and hurting, here are a few things I’ve thought about this week:
1. Life is fleeting. It’s just a moment in the whole scheme of things. Live it.
2. We don’t know why. Why bad things happen. Why good things happen. Why we’re here. Maybe we’re not supposed to know. I know it’s hard to deal with sometimes, but maybe there are actually bigger questions we should be asking. We get so caught up in needing to know why. Sometimes why just leads to more and harder questions.
3. Acceptance isn’t easy. It can take a LONG time. Sometimes it takes a while to sink in what is happening around you. We just need to let it sink in. Don’t run away from it.
4. Love people. When you don’t know what to say, just love. It’s the one true universal language.
5. I don’t care if you’re living an intentional life to the fullest or hiding in your room. There are going to be things in life you’re going to regret. There will be words you would have wished you’d said. Words you’d wished you didn’t. Things you should have done and things you shouldn’t have. You can either let them weigh you down or you can move forward. It’s not easy and sometimes forgiveness doesn’t come, but you can still keep moving.
6. Living in the past will never help you to get through today. Don’t ever forget the past because that’s where your strength comes from. Just don’t dwell there.
7. I searched for relief from pain from a lot of different sources. It took me a long time to head the only source that would help. Jesus died for me, and His grace covers all my sins. Every. Single. One.
8. Don’t forget to pray. I know it should be pretty easy. Sometimes the right words just won’t come. Sometimes there are no words.
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. ~ Romans 8:26
9. Give grace. To those who’ve wronged you. To those who’ve let you down. Give grace. I’ve never heard anyone who regretted grace.
10. In this world we will have trouble, but He has overcome the world. Christ is risen. He has defeated death by dying himself. It doesn’t end here, folks. It’s hard to imagine a greater purpose, a greater being and then on top of that believe that He is good. Especially when we’re faced with hard times. But for me it’s in the hard times when He shows me more than ever how good He really is.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. ~ 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
If you’re dealing with hurts and pains, and let’s face it, we all are, I’m praying for you.
If you’re deciding whether or not to give grace, always give. Grace always wins.
And if you’re trying to figure out whether or not you should love, love always.
Love never fails.