10 Thoughts To Get Me Through6
This time next week I’ll be sitting in a hotel in Nashville, Tennessee waiting to go run the Music City Half Marathon. There are a lot of thoughts going around in my head right about now, but I just keep trying to slow them down. Here are a few things that I’m going to be thinking about to keep me calm:
1. “A marathoner is a marathoner regardless of time. Virtually everyone who tries the marathon has put in training over months, and it is that exercise and that commitment, physical and mental, that gives meaning to the medal, not just the day’s effort, be it fast or slow. It’s all in conquering the challenge.” -Mary R. Wittenberg
2. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot
3. “Some think guts is sprinting at the end of a race. But guts is what got you there to begin with. Guts start back in the hills with 6 miles to go and you’re thinking of how you can get out of this race without anyone noticing. Guts begin when you still have forty minutes of torture left and you’re already hurting more than you ever remember.” -George Sheehan
4. “No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.”
5. “Even if you fall, you are still moving forward.” -Victor Kiam
6. “Don’t quit. You’re already in pain. You’re already hurt. Get a reward from it.”
7. “When your legs get tired, run with your heart.”
8. “It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. You will need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will need to push your body to its max. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it’s worth it.” -Unknown
9. “We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face… we must do that which we think we cannot.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. Lord, not my strength, but Yours.
Thank you to all my friends who have posted on my Facebook page and continue to encourage me! Just keep me in your prayers this week. When you think of me, pray. Pray that I don’t freak out. Pray that I finish. And pray that I never decide to do something like this ever again 🙂
Do you have any good motivational scriptures or quotes for me?