10 Things This Week4
Well, it’s been some kind of a week. It hasn’t been bad. In fact, it’s been pretty good. Just busy. Here are a few of the highlights:
1. At the start of the week, I had one appointment scheduled. By the end of today I will have went to 12 different appointments/dinners/graduations. I’m looking forward to a nice slow weekend.
2. This is my first week back at the gym in two weeks. I took the week before the race off and the week after the race off. I’m happy to be back, sore muscles and all.
3. Speaking of sore muscles, did you know I ran 13.1 miles? Do you also know that Wednesdays workout, part of which included 180 air squats, is making me more sore than the half marathon? That makes me just laugh. I was so worried about being too sore to do much after the half, that I didn’t even really think about my first week back to the gym. Just an fyi, I’m moving a little slow.
4. I’ve got several graduation and graduation parties to go to this week. I love me a good party.
5. I decided not to worry about my diet the week after the race. Now it’s almost two weeks after and I’m having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. Being so busy and working till 7:00 and 8:00 at night doesn’t help matters. I should have done all my cooking Sunday like I usually try to do. Instead I chose yard work. Once I get some time to get some advanced cooking and shopping done, I’ll be back in full swing. Weigh-in is on my birthday next month. Don’t want to gain it all back before then!
6. I winterized some of my windows at my house this weekend. And by winterized, I mean put aluminum foil in the windows and plastic over the windows and then put up my thermal blackout curtains. I know it looks ridiculous to see nothing but aluminum foil when you look in my windows, but 10 minutes after I got it up on my west window, my air conditioner shut off for the first time that day. Here’s hoping it saves a little cash.
7. I’m thinking of buying a kayak. I think it would be a good workout in the sun if I can find a place big enough to get some good rowing in. Plus, it will help me with my tan.
8. I’m listening to the audiobook A Million Miles In A Thousand Years. It’s wrecking me. In a good way. It’s the first book I gave away on the birthday celebration last year. I thought I’d read it. I’m realizing now that I hadn’t. I’d just bought it and looked at it. I think somehow I knew that if I started to read it, I’d never be the same.
Seriously. It’s one of those books.
9. My sister got an internship for the summer, and that means she can graduate in August. I’m so proud of her. It takes a special person to go to school full-time, work full-time, take care of a family full-time and still remain sane through it all.
10. My brother who moved down to Tampa, Florida sent me a bunch of pictures of my nieces and nephew, which I loved. However, he also sent me a video of the sunset over the ocean. Not many things make me want to pick up and just go somewhere else immediately, but that video did. All I’ve been able to think about since is I can’t wait for July to get here and a week in Outer Banks, NC. This will be my first time seeing the non-Gulf side of the ocean. I’m pretty excited about it!
So how has your week been?