10 Reasons I Think You Should Be Involved4
1. Cancer sucks. Most of us have been directly affected by cancer at one point in our lives. We can beat it by helping out here.
2. You know exactly where the money is going with this fundraiser. Once I find the place where I will get the T-shirts printed, I will post an accounting off where EVERY PENNY is going. Seriously. I’m paying for the shirts and for the invite service I’m using to sign up with. The rest of the money is going to Matt and Cathy.
3. I know these folks. They’re the real deal. They will love on kids like you wouldn’t believe.
4. We’re promoting adoption and health in the same event. The theme of Run With The Big Girls is that it doesn’t matter how long it takes you to do it. It’s just the point that you’re doing it. The theme of The Esau Project is to not sell out to the trivial things that this world has to offer. We were created to love on each other. We were created to live healthy and fulfilling lives. This is a way to do both.
5. Anyone can do this. I don’t really care if you run, walk or crawl for the 3.1 miles. You can do this. I believe that you can.
6. You’re living a better story by doing this. I’ve recently listened to an audiobook that has changed the way I’m looking at life. You’re going to be reading more about it in the next few weeks, but this is your chance to help someone. I realize that you might not know them, but you know me. You know my heart because you’ve been reading this blog. We have a chance to step in and help bless someone and in the process of blessing them, change their lives. That’s what we’re all about here. Living to be the best we can be. No selling out.
7. Because I’m asking for help. I’m not the kind of person who asks for help much. Just ask those in my closest group of friends. But I have no problem asking for help for something that I believe 100% in. I believe in this couple. And coming up with these expenses has got to be a strain. Let’s help them out. OK?
8. You don’t have to come to Podunk Fairfield to run in a piddly little 5K. You can go for your normal daily run, and it will count. The difference? You’ll be making a difference in someone’s life. AND you’ll get a rockin’ T-shirt for your effort.
9. 10 things is a lot to come up with. Especially after I’ve cracked open a bottle of wine. But take my word for it. Even if I’m having trouble typing 1o things right now, give me time. I’ll come up with 100 reasons why you should be involved with this 5K.
10. Cathy lived with me for about three months. I don’t know how she did it. My house was always a mess. My life was crazy. I don’t know how I paid my bills at the time. But she came and she lived with me. Our friendship grew over those three months and it’s only gotten stronger as the years have gone by. There aren’t many people who could live with me, but it proves she lives a life full of grace and love. Only someone full of the Holy Spirit could live with me for three months and still like me years later. Let’s join in to help for a good cause.
What are your opinions on this 5K?