I don’t have a ton of plans this summer to go on exotic trips or anything like that, but there are a few things that I would like to do.
1. RELAX. During summer the days are longer. This makes it a fantastic time to spend some quality time with the people you live and find new people to love. So that goes down on the to-do list.
2. Go boating. I hope my friends’ don’t mind, but I really enjoy when we go out on their boat. I’m hoping they don’t care that I’m inviting myself for at least a couple of afternoons this year.
3. I’m going to Outer Banks, North Carolina for a week with some of my family. I’m really looking forward to it. I may even turn off my phone for most of the trip. Probably not, but the thought is intriguing.
4. Parasailing. I’m planning on doing this again while in North Carolina. My friends and I did it one summer in Clearwater, Florida, and I loved it. The problem is is that they all got to see dolphins jumping in the ocean while they were up in the air. I did not. That’s my goal this time.
5. Paddle boarding. I’d like to give this a try. Last summer I wouldn’t have ever thought about trying it because I was so out of shape and weak. I may not be able to do it well, but I should be able to at least try it!
6. Kayaking. I mentioned a few 10 Things posts back that I was thinking about buying a kayak. I haven’t bought one yet because I don’t know if I’d like it enough to get my money’s worth. Knowing my history, I’ll use it this summer and then never again. Hopefully not, though. Anyone want to give me their kayak for a couple weeks?
7. Swim. Last summer my friend and I swam just about every evening after work at our neighbor and friends’ house. It was such great exercise. This year I might run over there, swim and then let them bring me home. Sounds like a good plan to me.
8. Run in a couple 5K’s. I’ll do our local bank 5K in September again, but I’m also going to take part in the one I’m hosting over at my other blog. I think you should, too.
9. Work out. Lately on these hot days I’m so thankful I made the decision to switch to the early morning classes. It’s still warm, but it is definitely hotter at 6:00 p.m. than it is at 6:00 a.m.
10. Lose 20 more pounds. I don’t even know how much weight I’ve lost, but I’d like to lose 20 pounds more. I will be weighing in and measuring on my birthday in a couple weeks, so I’ll know then where I need to get to by Labor Day.
So those are a few of my summer plans. I’m sure there are more, but these are the ones on the top of my head right now.
What all have you guys got planned for your summers?