1. Happy 4th of July! You may have noticed I didn’t post anything Wednesday. I had the day off, and I chose to sleep in and show houses. And I stayed up too late the night before and forgot to write anything. Good fireworks, though.
2. I love days off in the middle of the week. Although, it kind of throws off the rest of my week. I woke up thinking it was Saturday and got to work thinking it was Monday. I was screwed up all day.
3. Two weeks and one day until vacation. Just booked a hotel in Charleston, West Virginia. We’re driving to there on our first day, and then heading the next 10-11 hours out to Outer Banks, NC. Could I BE more ready? Um, no.
4. I think I’ve forgotten what rain looks like and feels like. I’m so tired of all the dryness. Four nights this week I watched the storm clouds come in. Four nights this week I heard the thunder rolling. Four nights this week I watched them go right on by without so much as a drop. U.G.H.
5. Um, my virtual 5k I’m hosting on my other blog is happening today and tomorrow. There is still time to sign up and run if you want to support an awesome cause! If you’re local and want to run/walk with other people, you can meet us at the parking lot by the cemetery at Leo French Park Saturday morning. The run starts at 7:00, so just be there beforehand! I’ll have water or Gatorade for you after the race. You can go here to sign up!
6. I’ve been reading a book called $100 Startup. I love reading success stories from people who start with nothing and make something pretty darn cool. As I was reading, though, I had a great idea for a website. Something that I would set up once, occasionally tweak, but it would make me money the rest of my life. I turned the page of the book and read about my exact idea. I mean, every detail that I had thought about mapped out because another person was already doing it and making quite a bit of money at it. Maybe next time…
7. Seriously. I think my American Dream is to find a way to make money without having to really work for it. Don’t get me wrong. I love what I do, and I don’t consider that working, but if I physically didn’t have to lift a finger, that would be even better!
8. My youngest niece turned 1 yesterday. Down in Florida. I wasn’t there to celebrate with her. Granted, I’ll see her in a couple weeks, but it just makes me kind of sad.
9. I started back hardcore Paleo diet this week. I’m feeling pretty good. Yesterday I wanted to eat everything in sight. Good thing I packed healthy stuff. Otherwise I would have walked down the street for a doughnut.
10. I love Amazon’s Gold Box Deals. Wednesday they had full albums for download for $.99 apiece. I bought five or six new albums for $5 or $6. Just an awesome deal!
So that’s sort of my week. How was yours?