10 Reasons I Love The Olympics8
1. Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh-Jennings. They’re just consistently good and never hard to watch. And I don’t love beach volleyball.
2. Michael Phelps. I feel like with both 1 & 2 I got to see some of the greatest athletes in their respective sports in my generation. There may be a day that someone passes Michael Phelps’ records, but I hope I never see it.
3. Swimming. I love watching it. It makes me feel like I could be awesome like that, and then we do a swimming workout for the gym and I realize that it’s just ridiculous how talented these folks are.
4. Close races. The picture above is from the celebration of one of the greatest races of all time. I could watch it 20 times a day and cry every time we touch that wall first.
5. Discovering how incredible people are. Physical attributes are great. But it’s the mental strength that I find incredible.
6. Stories. I love hearing the athletes’ stories. Where they came from. What they’ve overcome to get to this point. Where they’re going. Everyone has a dream and a story. We get to watch people live out their dreams.
7. Gold medals. They’re just pretty.
8. Opening ceremonies. The creativity of people amazes me.
9. I love all of the coverage that it’s getting. If I didn’t work and could still afford television (from not working) I would be able to watch a TON of Olympic events that I never even knew existed.
10. My Twitter feed has blown up with one liners and cheers for the home team. Always entertaining, that Twitter machine is.
So what about you? Do you love or hate the Olympics? Why?