I love it when I have things to look forward to. Things to get excited about. I love making lists of them, as you can probably tell by my Friday theme. Anyway, here are a few things that I’m looking forward to:
1. This past Tuesday was the Rizzoli & Isles summer season finale. It’s just a good show. The exciting thing about it is that they have a winter season starting up in November! Woot!
2. Speaking of television, I’m also excited about the new seasons starting up again in September. I’m mostly looking forward to New Girl, Bones and NCIS, but hopefully there are some I’m forgetting about and hopefully there will be some new ones worth watching.
3. October 31 is the due date for my younger brother and sister-in-law’s twins. Twin boys. Our family gatherings will be overrun with testosterone, but it will be so fun to spoil them right along with the others!
4. My older brother and sister-in-law are coming up for a visit Sunday. I’ll be talking to them about the best timing for my trip down to Tampa. I’m thinking February.
5. Cooler weather. We’ve gotten a little taste of it this week. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous. I’m hoping it stays this way the rest of fall!
6. A new blog series. You guys will have a chance to write a post for me in this series. It will be called “A Letter To My 18-Year-Old Self.” We just basically write a letter form us now to us then talking about successes and regrets, giving warnings and encouragement. I think this will be a fantastic exercise and a lot of fun, too.
7. My nephew, Trevor, was worried that since school started that he’d missed out on his chance to stay the night at my house for a while. We remedied that situation and now he’s staying with me Friday night. I’m sure we’ll have a fun time.
8. I’ve been listening to Michael Hyatt’s podcasts called This Is Your Life. He was the CEO of Thomas Nelson publishing and just has incredible leadership skills. I’ve listened to the first 7 in the last two days. Can’t wait to hear the rest!
9. My TV time limit. I’ve limited my night viewing to one hour a night since the Olympics have ended. I’m getting a TON of stuff done. I can’t wait to figure out some goals to accomplish by the end of the year!
10. Catalyst East. In October I’m heading down with my friend, Kim, to Atlanta to go to Catalyst again this year. I. Can’t. Wait. I loved it so much last year, but I was on the fence on whether or not to go again this year. that is until I found out that two of my favorite bloggers that I haven’t met yet are going to be doing a lab session together! Bianca Olthoff and Joy Eggerichs are planning a great presentation, I’m sure. And I can’t wait. I love meeting people that I’ve been interacting with online for a while, so this should be good fun!
So there are 10 things I’m pretty excited about. How about you guys?
You looking forward to anything?