I couldn’t really come up with a list to write this week, so this is going to be completely random. I’m assuming you won’t mind, since it’s not too far off of the regular writings of this blog. Let’s go!
1. Tonight was a 5K in my home town. The same one that was my first ever race last year. I’d thought about running it. I really just didn’t want to. Yes, I was sick last week. Yes, my hip still hurts when I run. Yes, I probably could have beaten my old time. But in the end, I just wasn’t feeling it. So I didn’t run. After I got there to cheer on my friend I figured I’d regret not running, but I don’t. I just wasn’t feeling it this week.
2. My friend, Nicole, however, beat her time from last year on this course by about two minutes. That’s huge! I showed up to cheer her on, and she totally rocked it! So proud of you, Nicole!
3. Lots of folks from the gym showed up to run. They all did incredible. My friend, Tammy, told me her goal was by the end of the 5K season to run under 30 minutes. This was her first race of the season. She did it in 28 something. That’s a pretty good start to the season!!!
4. I’m tired. I’m writing a series on how to increase your energy on my other blog, and I’m griping here about being tired. I don’t think it’s that I’m out of energy. I think I’m just tired. Like stayed up too late/got up too early kind of tired.
5. This week is the Fairfield Fall Fun Fest. It’s one of my favorite times of the year in town. Lots of food that is horrible for anything that has to do with healthy eating, but yummy nonetheless. Plus I get to see lots of friends out and about. The weather is supposed to be awesome for it, too! I may have to pull out a hoodie even!
6. My one-year RWTBG Blog/CrossFit anniversary is coming up the second week in October. I’ve got a pretty fun thing I’m trying do as a group. I think it’s going to be pretty fun if everyone participates!
7. Speaking of CrossFit, the CrossFit Games have been on ESPN2 this week. I’ve got them all recording. Can’t wait to watch!
8. Catalyst is just a couple of weeks away. I’m getting more excited about it every day. I had a pretty profound experience there last year. Not sure that it was anything anyone said in particular, but just I figured some things out that I needed to do in order to live a better story. I’m still learning and have a long way to go, but, seriously, I can’t wait.
9. Along with Catalyst is the Bloggers Meetup again Wednesday night. I met a few people last year that are going to be there this year. I’m hoping it won’t be all awkward greetings and trying to come up with something to ask. It wasn’t like that too much last year, but there were some moments. I just love meeting new people, so it will be fun either way!
10. And while I don’t regret not running this evening, I do think it will be perfect weather to go for a run this weekend. I may see what I can pull together Saturday afternoon sometime. There’s not a much better feeling than finishing up a good run quite honestly. I kind of miss it!
So there are a few things up with me. How about you? Anything going on?