10 Things I Learned This Week4
1. I’ve never experienced pain before. I only thought I had. I woke up Sunday with a toothache that wouldn’t go away. And then resulted in a root canal on Wednesday. There is no pain I have ever felt (keep in mine I haven’t had children) that has been any worse than that tooth hurting.
2. Vicodin, while effective, makes me feel like my skin is crawling if I take two of them. I can function, albeit nervously, while only taking one, but two makes me feel insane. I can’t believe people pay to feel like that.
3. A root canal is a fairly painless procedure. My mouth is still a little sore two days after, but it’s 100 times better than it was the previous three days, so I’ll take it.
4. I didn’t realize how expensive taking care of your teeth is. Next time, if it’s not a huge tooth, I’ll probably just tell him to pull it. I can take it.
5. My friends and family are awesome (although I already knew this). Tons called to check on me and ask if they could bring me dinner or whatever. I might have said yes if my house hadn’t been such a mess or I hadn’t stopped at Orange Leaf and Starbucks for frozen yogurt and a white mocha for the trip home.
6. If you ever have a toothache, put tea tree oil on it for 30 minutes and then rinse your mouth out. It won’t taste good, but it’s the only way I got any sleep that first night without medicine. It was wonderful. Some have also suggested oil of clove. That would probably taste a little better, but I had tea tree oil on hand, and it worked, so that’s what I’m recommending.
7. My new haircut takes less time to dry and style than my old hair did just drying a little and then air drying the rest of the way. Why is that?
8. Missing a full week of CrossFit sucks. I tried to go this morning but was still in some tooth pain. I will go Monday but then be off the rest of the week again. Almost two weeks in a row isn’t good, but when I get back, I’m starting hardcore on my other blog’s Paleo Challenge. You should go check it out.
9. I still freaking love The New Girl television show. It was premier week this week, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed breaking my 1-hour nightly TV limit for it. It won’t happen much, but this one week was fantastic.
10. Next week’s posting will be sporadic. I will be in freaking Atlanta, Georgia, at the Catalyst Conference listening to some incredible leaders of this day. I’m pretty darn excited about it all.
Have you learned anything this week? Do tell.