10 Things Giveaway!9
So when I was in Atlanta the first week in October, I attended a meetup for bloggers the night before the conference. There was a gentleman there giving away free calendars. Normally I’m not a huge calendar fan except the one on my phone that beeps at me to remind me where I need to be, but this calendar was pretty darn cool. Here are 10 reasons I’m giving it away.
1. I don’t know if you can tell from the picture, but you can see the whole year at once.
2. You can get them either coated for dry erase or just plain paper…for the same price!
3. I plan on using this to help with my training. On my own I’m going to do one particular workout every quarter and track it on this calendar. I’m going to track my max weight, workouts, personal records set and broken, and at the end of the year I’m going to be able to look back and see how far I’ve come. I absolutely love that idea. I’m a visual person. I need to see that I”m progressing forward in order to keep moving on.
4. It’s close to the first of a new year. Who doesn’t need a calendar?
5. You can look at it once and see exactly how many birthday presents you’re going to need to buy for the year.
6. I think a calendar like this is excellent for setting both short-term and long-term goals. You can track your progress as you go along.
7. Along with tracking my training, I think I’m going to buy another one to track some other projects I’m working on. Debt reduction goals (still have my darn student loan and car payment), church mortgage reduction (one of my personal missions this year), writing deadlines, et cetera.
8. If you don’t like the vertical look of the calendar, you can flip the paper over for a horizontal orientation. Good thinking on that one, Jesse.
9. As you mark off days, you will be unnervingly aware of how close you are to turning a year older or how close Christmas is getting.
10. Because Jesse, the guy at the meetup, was just a super nice guy. I love seeing people work towards a dream, and that is exactly what he was doing, so I’m going to support that!
So do you want to win one of these awesome calendars? Here is what you need to do first: Go here to check out Jesse’s website first. It’s a good-looking site and fun blog to read.
So what you need to do to enter is just leave a comment. For extra credit you can go Like my Facebook page and go follow me on Twitter. I’m full of amazing insights on those two pages…or not. You’ll just have to wait to find out!
You can also go follow the NeuYear crew on Twitter by clicking here.
So what would you do with this calendar?