10 Things I Would Have Done With The Money9
1. Pay off all of my debts and all of my family’s debts. As awesome as that would be, all I can think about right now is if that apostrophe is in the right place on family’s. Any grammar people out there?
2. Buy the property that I live on. I think 40 acres would make a great place to start.
3. Build a house…with a music studio in the basement. I don’t know why, really, but it’s something I’ve always wanted. Oh, and a pool. And maybe a theater. Oh, really, just about anything I want.
4. Fully fund all of my nieces and nephews college educations.
5. Quit work. I actually gave my boss notice that if I won, I wouldn’t be back. Then she gave me hers. We’ve both got plenty of hobbies to keep us busy for a while.
6. I would find some really fun ways to bless a lot of people. Randomly pay off mortgages or cars or whatever needed done. Just think. How fun would it be to walk into a bank and say, “I’d like to pay off so-and-so’s mortgage today.” The surprise on their face would be fantastic.
7. Take a really long trip. Actually, it probably wouldn’t be that long because I tend to really, really, really miss my own bed after being gone for a while, but I would definitely take the trips on my bucket list. Ireland, Australia, London, etc.
8. Worry that I wouldn’t use the money to its best use. I don’t think I’d turn into Scrooge McDuck, but you never know. I may build a vault and fill it with gold coins and swim in it occasionally and not share it. I think, though, I’d worry enough about not doing that, that I’d probably give it all away, which would be WAY more fun.
9. I would set up some pretty incredible scholarships for my home school. Keep it funded way beyond my lifetime.
10. Do things that matter. Most of those things above don’t have much lasting value. Sure paying off debt frees up so many people. That’s lasting. But, really, if you’re going to win a lot of money, do things that matter. I don’t mean build a monument that’s going to last a long time. I mean change the lives of those around you. Let’s face it, not many lives are changed by a pretty statue, but they’re changed by investing in relationships and investing in the people themselves.
So now it time to dream big and crazy dreams. Not because the Powerball jackpot was huge, but because we have a big and crazy God that can make even your wildest dreams come true.
So what would you dream about?