10 Things I Did On Vacation0
For my Christmas bonus, my awesome boss gave me the time from December 22 – January 1 off. January 2 was my first day back to work since the Holidays. I thought I would have a really hard time going back, but I guess I had just needed a nice relaxing break because I was ready to go this morning. I even showed up 10 minutes early.
I’m going to let that sink in a minute.
Not only was I on time to work. I. was. EARLY.
Before we took the time off, I had a bunch of plans. Once the time started, most of those were changed significantly. But here are a few things I did do:
1. Hung out with my Florida family. They drove for two days to get here and were here for almost five full days. Such a fun time seeing my brother and sister-in-law and my nieces and nephew. The kids have grown and are growing into their own awesome personalities. I love it.
2. Played Ticket To Ride. We’re a game-playing family. It’s usually Pinochle or 42, but we like to bring in new games every now and then. My brother picked up this game before they came up. If you’ve ever heard of Settlers of Catan and like it, I would definitely recommend this game.
3. Went to my Grandma Shreve’s house for Christmas Eve. All of her kids, grandkids and great-grandkids were there. Every single one. Close to 40 people. And it was awesome.
4. Celebrated Christmas with my immediate family Christmas morning. All the kids, spouses and grandkids. Seriously. My parents have six grandkids. I think that’s crazy.
5. Went to my Uncle Steve and Aunt Connie’s house for the Mitchell gathering that afternoon. Not everyone was there, but there were still a bunch of us! Lots of good times.
6. Got snowed in…and still had heat and electricity. I’ve got to admit that it was kind of wonderful. The only bad thing about it is that there was about a 2-foot drift between my house and my parents’ where my Florida family was, so the only way for me to really tell them goodbye was to stand out in my driveway on the mound left by the snow plow and blow kisses at them. I think they kinda liked it.
7. Got stuck in the snow in my driveway. This will probably be the only time I regret not getting 4×4 on my car, but oh, well. I got out. Just got stuck in a drift and had to shovel for a few minutes.
8. Got up and worked out several days. I thought for sure I’d sleep in and go to the 8 a.m. class, but it always seemed like there was something else to do, so I kept my 5:30 a.m. class schedule. It worked out well for family time.
9. Rang in the new year with some of my closest friends. Some weren’t there and were greatly missed, but it was a good time all around.
10. Relaxed. I can’t tell you how good for my soul it was to just sit and watch television or read a book or do laundry all day. I definitely needed it. I’m thinking that I might have to work this break into my vacation schedule every year!
So that’s how my break time went. How was yours?
Did you ring in 2013 any way in particular?