10 Things I See From My Office Window4
1. The gazebo in our courthouse lawn. Not much happens here during the day. I don’t know about after 4:00 p.m., but from 8:00-4:00 usually not a lot going on.
2. The courthouse itself. Or at least the right quarter of it. Our courthouse burned on November 17, 1886, and this building is the replacement. It’s old. But it’s kinda cool.
3. A funeral home. It’s probably one of the most-trafficked buildings in town unfortunately. But they keep it looking beautiful!
4. A body shop. Not one that I can go to to replace my parts that aren’t working, but to fix all kinds of cars. I see estimates being given every day!
5. Cars. Lots of them. This is Main Street in Smalltown, Illinois. People park all around the courthouse. Especially now with all the oil workers coming in and doing their research.
6. Fire Truck or Ambulances. I hate it when I see them…especially if their lights and sirens are going.
7. Funeral processions. See #3.
8. People walking. Main Street has a few shops on it, but is also generally a pretty nice place to walk on a good day. I see people just out to get some fresh air all the time. Makes me kind of jealous.
9. People going to the gym. We’re two four doors down from one of the gyms in town, and people come and go from there at all hours of the day. They go in looking great and come out looking gross and sweaty. I guess that may be why I go at 5:30 a.m., so I don’t run into people I know.
10. People running. My CrossFit gym is just on the opposite corner of my office on this block. Our warmup on decent days is a couple laps around the block, which is pretty close to a half mile jog. Sometimes we forget that there are people working in the offices along the way and don’t watch where we’re going. I guess I could cut through the alleys and avoid that problem. 😉
Do you have a window at your office? What do you see on a regular basis?