10 Authors I’d Like To Have Coffee With1
I’m on vacation this week, but I still thought you would like a post from me because these are my favorites to write. But my friend Herschel suggested that I write about 10 authors I would like to have coffee with. So here you go:
1. CS Lewis. I’ve actually never read any of his books other than the Chronicles of Narnia. And they’re pretty incredible. He’s an author who is quoted quite frequently from his other works, but I just haven’t dove in yet. Soon.
2. JRR Tolkien. Any Lord of the Rings fans out there lurking in my read but don’t comment section? You should. Because you’ve got to agree with me that the mind that created these incredible worlds and battles was pretty amazing.
3. Terri Blackstock. One of my favorite suspense/love story authors. Yes. Girlie books, but still, she knows how to write an engaging story. Her books usually keep me up too late because I can’t put them down.
4. Dee Henderson. Same as above. After 10 years of not writing, though, she came out with a new book last fall, and it was fantastic.
5. Jane Austen. She wrote a few of the most-loved books of all time and my personal favorite, Pride & Prejudice. Countless movies were made based on her books and about her life. I just think I would be surprised by her.
6. Beatrix Potter. I saw a movie called Miss Potter once. It was a random click off of Netflix for me, but I thought it could be good. I had not idea it was based on her life, and after watching the movie, I am intrigued. The movie made her out to be a pretty incredible person.
7. Tina Fey. Yes. She’s an author. Have you not read Bossypants yet? Me either. At least I haven’t finished it. I keep getting distracted. Not because of the book. Because I get distracted easily. I’ll finish it soon. But seriously, she’s Tina Fey.
8. Francis Chan. Crazy Love. Forgotten God. Books that are incredible for $500, Alec.
9. Donald Miller. If you’ve been reading my blog for any amount of time, you know why. Oh, and he writes great books.
10. Nichole Nordeman. Yes, another dual agent. She’s a singer/songwriter/author. But before she was an author I wanted to have coffee with her sometime. I can hear a song and think that it sounds like something that she would have written. I’m usually right. Some people you can just tell.
Any authors you’d want to have coffee with?