10 Things I’d Like To Do In St. Louis8
Having St. Louis, MO just a couple of hours away is kind of nice. However, I don’t get there too often because that takes a whole day away. But when I do have a whole day to go over there, there are a few places I’d like to visit. Here you go! And unfortunately it seems like I’ll be spending some time over there over the next few weeks to go visit friends in the hospital, so I’m always up for visiting friends…wherever they are!
1. So, yeah. Forest Park. Never knew it existed until my friend went into the hospital over there last week and another friend familiar with the area drove me through it. It’s beautiful! I’d want to just walk around it and maybe have a picnic there on the grass.
2. The Fox. I’ve been to two plays and a concert at The Fabulous Fox Theater. It’s pretty darn fabulous. I’d go there every weekend if I lived close and had the money.
3. Go up in the Arch. I’ve never done it. I’ve never even been closer than the Interstate to the Arch.
4. Baseball Game. Preferably when the Cubs are in town so I can watch them smack down the Cardinals, but I do love the Busch Stadium atmosphere…and the nachos.
5. The Science Center. It’s a very common field trip for our local schools. The kids absolutely love it. I think that would be a fun trip with my oldest nephew sometime.
6. The Art Museum. Which is coincidentally in Forest Park. We drove by it last weekend, and I would have loved to have had the time to go in. Maybe next time.
7. The Zoo! I love zoos. I forgot how much I loved them till I went to one in Florida for the first time in years. I loved watching my nieces and nephew get excited about the animals. Also, the one in St. Louis is FREE! Even better!!
8. The City Museum. Everyone loves it and talks about it, but I’ve never been. That’s on my list for the next year.
9. Go to a concert or a play at The Muny…also in Forest Park. Seriously. This place is a gold mine… AND I just looked and Les Miserables is there in July…
10. Spend some time on Delmar. Lots of cool places to go visit down there. Blueberry Hill, The Pageant, etc. Gonna have to visit sometime soon.
You guys have any ideas for a weekend in St. Louis? You may be planning my next “vacation.”